Happy New Year, everyone! 2014 is over, and what a year it’s been for this blog!
It seems everyone is doing a year-end retrospect of their blog. What can I say about mine? It’s been a lot of fun! Let’s take a look…
Beginning with my gaming stats:
Overall, I clocked in 38 games this past year, which is down from 62 last year. BUT! I completed all these games, and reviewed them all. I also devoted a whole month to playing Mass Effect, so I did play less games overall, but took my time playing them.
Here is the list of games I played in 2014, in the order I played them:
1. Alan Wake’s American Nightmare (PC)
2. Cameron Files: Secret at Loch Ness (PC)
3. Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White (PC)
4. Escape the Emerald Star (PC)
5. Unsolved Mystery Club: Amelia Earhart (PC)
6. Dark Dimensions: City of Fog (PC)
7. Testament of Sherlock Holmes (PS3/PC)
8. Outcry (PC)
9. Mystery Legends: Sleepy Hollow (PC)
10. Penny Dreadfuls: Sweeney Todd (PC)
11. Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials (PC)
12. Echoes of the Past: Royal House of Stone (PC)
13. Still Life (PC)
14. Rooms: The Main Building (Nintendo DS)
15. The Adventures of Tintin (Android)
16. Mass Effect (XBox 360)
17. Miasmata (PC)
18. The Silent Age (Android)
19. Myst (PC)
20. The Room Two (Android)
21. 2048 (Android)
22. Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
23. The Blackwell Legacy (PC)
24. Bully (XBox 360)
25. Treasure Seekers: Visions of Gold (PC)
26. Davey’s Mystery (Android)
27. BioShock (XBox 360)
28. Cold Case Files: The Game (PC)
29. Shiver: Poltergeist (Android)
30. Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret (PC)
31. Borderlands 1 and 2 (Started in 2013, finished in 2014) (PC)
32. Shiver: the Vanishing Hitchhiker (Replayed) (PC)
33. The Silent Age: Episode Two (Android)
34. Murder, She Wrote 2: Return to Cabot Cove (PC)
35. Type:Rider (Android)
36. Safecracker (Nintendo DS)
37. Amazing Adventures: The Forgotten Ruins (Nintendo DS)
38. Tiki Totems / Tiki Lavalanche (iOS, Android)
In terms of the games I played in 2014, I diversified slightly from playing Hidden Object games to more hard core games (case in point, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Borderlands). What I notice too, is my propensity to play PC games… Not that there is anything wrong with that, just an observation!
My favourites from 2014:
The Silent Age
Shiver: the Vanishing Hitchhiker
The Testament of Sherlock Holmes
My most disliked games of 2014:
The Blackwell Legacy
At least there were only five games I hated last year – down from ten in 2013! I’m not sure, but maybe I’m scrutinizing what I am playing these days instead of just playing anything in the hopes it could be good.
Scrutiny might go by the way side in 2015 however, as one of my goals is to play down my Nintendo DS collection and my overflowing collection of boxed PC games. I’m sure there is plenty of crapola in there! At the very least, you can expect more sarcasm in the gaming reviews this year!
Another goal I hope to achieve is to play Mass Effect 2 and BioShock 2.
I am also committed to completing the #TBR20 project where I read 20 books in my collection. Now, the rules are that you are supposed to read 20 books before buying more. Sarca Seeeecrets: I was very naughty this week…I broke the rules and bought a set of Alex Robinson graphic novels for $35 on eBay. I am owning my indiscretion, and in light of it, I’ve decided to continue to forge forward and keep reading and reviewing books in my collection, which is a step up from last year’s enjoyment book count of ZERO.
What else can you anticipate? Nostalgia, more Sarca Seeecrets and Music reviews with dirrrty Smurfs…Film and TV reviews…’Fee reviews (a surprising number of you are particularly interested in those caffeine-fueled reviews!)…
And last, but definitely not least, CUPFACES!!
I started Caught Me Gaming in the summer of 2013, hoping to document my experiences with gaming. Although I had hoped I’d gain a following, and still be gaming and writing blogposts years later, I never imagined I would wake up every morning and think “Wow, that would make a fun post,” and look forward to coming home at the end of an exhausting day and writing my thoughts down. I’ve gained some fantastic blogging friends in my life since I started Caught Me Gaming and have developed a strong circle of support that truly warms my heart! Thank you, guys for being there (you know who you are)! And to the rest of you who read and comment too – thank you!
All the best for great blogging in 2015!
Have you set any goals for your blog this year? Let me know in the comments!